A sub-division of Curian Medical, Curian Minds is a dedicated provider of talking therapies in the UK, specialising in delivering psychotherapy services such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Bereavement Counselling, Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR), as well as a range of further treatments nationwide to both the personal injury and occupational health sectors.
All business and industries have a legal and moral duty of care to their workforce and should recognise the need for mental health training within their company. Over 20 million working days are lost each year in connection with mental health issues. By working with Curian Minds we can assist you to;
- reduce stress and lost work days and create a healthier workplace
- improve understanding of the impact of mental health and wellbeing in the workplace
- recognise some of the most common signs and symptoms of mental health conditions
- provide guidance on providing support to someone with a mental health condition
- increase staff morale
We work with the employer at the outset to learn more about your workplace, employees and your learning objectives in order that we can develop a bespoke mental health awareness training package for your organisation.
Just an example of some of the content can include;
- Wellbeing at work – what can affect this (personal life and work factors, legislation)
- Overview of common mental health disorders (signs, symptoms of anxiety, depression and include stress)
- Intervention tools – CBT cycle, mindfulness
- How employers/team leaders can support employees (supervision and support)
- Basic counselling skills to use in 1:1 meetings (additional CBT based resources for goal setting, problem solving etc.)
- severe and enduring mental health issues such as bipolar depression, schizophrenia, etc.
We will work with you to ensure that our training compliments your health and wellbeing strategy and we will be happy to discuss how delivery of training takes place (on-site or at alternative premises). Training can be delivered flexibly over half or full day sessions and will be a mix of presentations, group work activities and discussions.
We can also arrange for your employees to have access to our therapists who are located conveniently throughout the whole of the UK who are on hand to provide responsive, quality treatment at convenient locations. We also provide access to remote psychological services for;
- individuals who may be housebound
- people who travel frequently or are unable to commit to regular face to face appointments
- people who live in remote areas without access to local therapists
- carers or individuals who have dependents and are unable to attend regular face to face appointments
Curian Minds were created on the ideal that effective, quality care should be available nationwide at a reasonable cost. Therefore we maintain the following principles;
- The needs of our clients come first
- Our services shall be clinically led
- Therapy is accessible and affordable
- Clinical outcomes are measurable
We believe in goal orientated outcomes that can be quantified, therefore we provide reports on treatment, including scales of assessment and psychometric testing such as the Depression and Anxiety Stress Scale or the Revised Children’s Anxiety and Depression Scale (RCADS).
To explore how we can work with your organisation to support with the mental health and wellbeing of your employees, do contact Martin Eccles, our Business Relationship Manager on 07495 780864 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
#MentalHealthAwarenessWeek2018 #MentalHealthMatters #Wellbeing